The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Palm oil-free! Gluten-free option. Easy Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies that are perfect for the holidays, bake sales and gifting. Perfectly Crisp and Soft. Vegan Nut-free Soy-free Palm oil-free Recipe.
Slightly crunchy, and soft in the middle. So amazingly good! Bake half a minute less for soft cookies and a minute longer for crunchier. Bake time depends on the oven, size of the cookie etc.
- 1/2 cup (109 ml) solid not melted organic refined coconut oil on the scant side
- 1.5 tablespoons ground flax seeds mixed with 4.5 tablespoons water let sit for 5 mins until smooth and creamy
- 1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) organic unrefined sugar fine sugar or blend to make powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) heaped fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (156.25 g) flour I use unbleached white flour
- 1 cup (180 g) vegan fair trade palm oil free chocolate chips and chunks
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180ºc. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
Add all ingredients coconut oil through vanilla extract to a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Or add a bowl and beat with a hand held beater until fluffy.
Add 1 cup flour and mix in. Add 1/4 cup flour and mix in. Add flour 1 tbsp at a time and beat in to make a soft cookie dough. You don't want a crumbly dryish mixture, so add just enough to get to somewhere between a stiff batter and soft dough. *
Add the chocolate chips and fold in well. **
Measure dough out by heaped tablespoon or a scoop on the lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes or until just slightly golden.
Remove from oven and "cookie slam" on a solid heat proof surface for the wrinkled cookie appearance.
Let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for another 3-5 minutes. The cookies set up while they cool. Try to share with everyone. Store on the counter for the day, and in a closed container for up to 3 days.
Credit: Instagram @veganricha https://www.veganricha.com/2016/12/vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies-coconut-oil.html